Student Services & FAQs

Fri, 08/14/2020 - 10:57am

Mayfield Woods Middle School

In response to the feedback received from our parent engagement survey, we are offering an All Star Parent Night: Wednesday, Oct. 14th at 6pm!

Come join our MWMS Counseling TEAM as they share tips and show how families can use Synergy and Canvas to help their students. Be sure to have your student logon to and open Meet using their HCPSS.inst email credentials. Join us by using the following Google Meet code: 

6th grade: MWMSGarroway

7th grade: MWMSMech

8th grade: MWMSBradley

Reminder: You can not access Meets using outside email addresses. See flier attached for details. 


Principal:                      Monica Stevens   

Assistant Principal:       Matthew Cox       

                                      Grade 6

                                      Grade 7 Last name A-L

Assistant Principal:       Kim Mahle          

                                      Grade 7 Last name M-Z

                                      Grade 8

Student Services

Click here to access our Student Services Canvas page which contains resources for test taking and a video from our counselors!

School Counselors:

6th Grade              Therese Garroway         

7th grade               Jen Mech                       

8th grade               Susan Bradley                


Alternative Ed:       Beth Aguilera                

                              Drema Bonavitacola     

Secretary:             Erin Clark                      

Data clerk:            Pam Steele                   

Social Worker:       Stephanie Wallace        

PPW:                     Shereima Smith            

Psychologist:        Dan Carr                       

Hispanic Liaison:   Marluy Torres                 


Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I register my child for school?

Go to and register on line.

Once this is completed Ms. Clark will be in contact with your family to complete the registration.

When does school start?

Students start school for the 2020-2021 school year on September 8, 2020
8:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.

How do I withdraw my child?

Please contact Ms. Clark, our Student Services Secretary to assist you.

Who do I contact if I have questions about my child’s schedule? 

Families should contact their child's school counselor with questions about schedule changes.

How can I get access to Canvas?

Please use the link below to sign up for Family Connection and to get answers on how to connect to Canvas and Synergy.

What supplies will my child need for learning?

Please find the school supply list for all middle schools here. For the 2020-21 school year, there is one supply list for all middle schools. The number of supplies on the list have been reduced to keep costs down for families and reflect those most essential for virtual learning. Input was received from middle school administrators and the Division of Academics.

Parents/Guardians: Please help your child by replenishing supplies during the year as needed. Please contact our Student Services Ofc Mrs. Erin Clark for assistance with supplies.

What calculator will my child need for math?

The graphing calculator is an important technology tool used in Howard County mathematics courses beginning with Algebra 1 and extending through the end of the course sequence. Although digital graphing tools are available online and will be used at various times in middle and high school math courses, students are best served by having a personal graphing calculator such as the TI-84 Plus CE (rechargeable) graphing calculator. Students who go on to take mathematics courses in college will likely be able to use the same calculator for college coursework. Note that students are permitted to use a graphing calculator on the SAT, ACT and Advanced Placement mathematics exams. Arrangements can also be made to borrow a graphing calculator from school through your child’s mathematics teacher.

How do I get meals for my child?

I need translation or an interpreter?

If your home language is Spanish and need assistance, please reach out to our Hispanic Liaison, Marluy Torres by email.  If you need assistance in other languages please use the link below.

How do I get support from my child’s school counselor?

You can email your child’s school counselor and they will get back to you within 24-48 hours.

What if my child needs immediate help depression, suicidal thoughts, or other serious mental health issues, please contact:

  • Grassroots Crisis Intervention at 410-531-6677
  • The Maryland Crisis Hotline: Dial 211 and then choose option 1
  • The Crisis Text Line: Text 741741 and a trained counselor will respond.
  • The National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255