The staff of Mayfield Woods Middle is focused on working with students and their families to promote positive behavior in all school and community settings. We have four school values which are reinforced daily.
- Be Safe
- Act Responsibly
- Respect Self & Others
- Keep Focused
We believe that compliance with these rules will allow our students the opportunity to learn in a safe and nurturing environment.
Consequences for Inappropriate Behavior
Students have been taught the school rules for classroom and non-classroom settings. If a child does not follow one of the school rules, the following procedure is followed:
- General Verbal Warning with reminder about appropriate behavior.
- Individual Verbal Warning with reminder about appropriate behavior.
- If the behavior does not improve, teachers may assign lunch detention (look for a sticker in the agenda book indicating lunch detention has been given), call home, send the student to another classroom, or refer the student to the office.
Students may lose time-off of Incentive Days
* Certain actions such as fighting, use of inappropriate language, possession of contraband or weapons, harassment, bullying and threats warrant immediate administrative involvement.
- Students who are following our BARK in the various locations of the building will earn Dog Bones
- Dog Bones are given by staff to students to acknowledge individual positive behavior
- Once received, Dog Bones can be used for a variety of reinforcers such as: classroom privileges, raffle bags, and school-wide incentive days
- Four times a year, Mayfield Woods hosts "Incentive Days" to celebrate our students and their "BARK".
- Students who exhibit our "BARK" during each quarter will earn "Dog Bones" that are used to reach the goal of participating in Incentive Days; Over 95% of our students fully participate each quarter
- Sometimes students lose 15-minute increments of Incentive Days for behaviors that do not support our BARK.
Learn more about our PBIS code of conduct and good behavior incentives.